Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Monday, August 14, 2006

New Shuttles


Yesterday I went to Art on the Commons, a art show in Kettering. So much wonderful art, I could have stayed all day and oogled. Diana Andra and William Schmidt were there with their Turn of the Century wood items, just beautiful! I picked up a new shuttle for me in dogwood with a hook and one for my daughter Sarah. I also could not resist the calling of the knitting needles, I had to get a set in rosewood, what is not to love about fine wood needlework tools, the grain, the smooth feel in your hands. There is nothing like a new toy to tat with! Diana's web site is www.Turn-of-the-Century.com , her shuttles don't click, they have slits for the thread to side through instead, a different look from the side, very nice to use.

A new shuttle begs to be used so I played with Wally's tat along pattern.
see her blog at http://tat-along.blogspot.com/ . It is almost the same stitch count as Wally's ,with lots of beads added. If I was to do it again I would use heavier thread.


my rings: 5-5 bead 2 bead, big bead, bead 2 bead 5 join to previous ring

chains: 2 bead 2 bead 2 three beads 2 two beads, big bead, two beads 2 three beads 2 bead 2 bead 2
(16ds total, 15 beads)

12 rings, 12 chains

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Love the new blog Gail. Keep up the good work. Sharon

8:54 PM  
Blogger Eva S said...

Good with your blog. Greetings from the very south of Sweden and
Eva

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home