Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Not Knots


I have not been making knots, I've been making loops, this is a knitting alert!! The hands needed a rest and knitting seems to be gentler on the arthitis than tatting. It is going to be a shoulder wrap. It seems to always be a shawl, a scarf, a wrap, got to break out of this rut, but in the meantime it will be a wrap for my soon to be ex mother in law. The colors are my favorites, blues and greens, you can tell by my couch, matches nice huh?, but no I'm not keeping it, it's not staying, it's visiting. The pattern is Starburst Shawl from the book Modular Knits by Iris Schreier. The yarn is cherrytree hill super sock in moutain madness, more greens than the picture shows. Kind of an entralac pattern but it's a cheat because the stitches stay on the neddles all the time, fun but not to take to a knit-in or plan on taking out more than you knit.

My knitting weakness or boggle. I find beautiful yarns that I must have, so I buy one skein. Mistake Mistake Mistake....... So excited I start a project that clearly needs more than I have, so off I go looking for more. Do I ever take it with me and check the dyelots, well how much could it vary? IT CAN LOOK TOTALLY DIFFERENT! I'm a smart person but I can't seem to learn because I've done this before. See two balls attached to the wrap, One end is light, then it is a row of light and then a row of dark. Actually works well with this pattern, shows it off nice, and the other end will be darker. Shhhhh it was all an elaborate design plan.

Shelby managed to worm her way into my picture, her back is almost as tall as the couch cushion. Here she is with Jake, they are not best buds, the cat was simply too lazy to get up and move away from the little pest. They are an evenly matched set, 21 lbs each, no brains verses no claws, both big babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home