Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Friday, October 06, 2006

Colors


I have been wrestling with the black dog this last week. Everyone has their grey days occasionally, when the world seems an unfriendly scary place to live. Colors affect us more than we realize, it is hard to stay angry, sad, or in a dark mood when surrounded by a woods of vibrant fall leaves. This week I have soothed the dog with beautiful colors. Spinning the hand dyed merino into a pile of raspberry orange sherbert, made my problems seem far away. I am almost done with the second skein, then they will need the twist set. The decision must then be made, what shall it become?, at around 600 yds, sock weight, it is not enough for a sweater, but maybe a shrug, a loose knit poncho, a shawl, how about a hat, mittens and scarf set, a lace baby blanket. I'm leaning towards a shrug, but the idea must fully mature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home