Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Wrapped Up


I finally finished the knitted wrap, yea!!!! It's knitted in two skeins of cherrytree hill super sock, very nice to work with. I always peeked at the cherrytree hill and told myself it was way too expensive, but it really is great yarn. Super sock seems to be the way to go for a gift that I know will get thrown into the washer with little thought. It appears complicated but not really, I even toted this one to knitting guild with only a few retro knits.

Ever have a day, week, year where you can't seem to get things to go right. Like I'm trying to reglue a dresser drawer today, manage to break a piece in the process of removing the old glue, bend every nail I try to hammer into the particle board, dang that stuff is hard, and make a mess all over the room with dry glue chunks. So now I'm sweeping, it needs it anyway with my zoo, so the animals are running stupid because of the sweeper and a cat has to leave two choke and barf presents, which the dog promptly cleans as best she can, gee thanks. Sweeping is not done, drawer is still drying, sort of, maybe, kind of, fixed, not, and I need to clean the carpet now. Hmmm maybe I should quit while I'm ahead?
Tatting should be safe, wink wink.

Speaking of Zoos, oldest daughter comes to visit every Friday, mom has scifi and it's stargate night with little sister. So she brings the ferret babies to visit "grandma", I'm not grandma to those weasels. Shelby wants to play with Simon and is always so excited to get company. Ever see a ferret snorkel? Yep that's what they do in the dog's water bowl, stick their front feet and head in the water, then sway the head back and forth in the bowl looking for what? only the ferrets know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home