Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shuttle Bag

I have finished the shuttle bag project in the TAT proficiency, fully expecting this to be difficult I was pleasently surprised by how much fun it was to make. In order to get my spacing right I measured and marked on my finger with a permanent marker, so silly but worked great. Just might have to try a bigger project in mignonette stitch, Ben Filkert has a great doily, hmmm, what was that one called, I think it is in his newest book, fooo, I just can't remember. So now I am ready for my next TAT button sampler and can not find anywhere the button package.

Sitting on a hold pattern momentarily, so my brain has been conjuring all kinds of new UFO's to start. NOOOOO I really need to finish some of the many already in the works. Keep repeating, no new projects, no new projects.....

Yes, I started a new project, I compromised and picked up 1 ounce of hand painted pure tussah silk top to spin. I get a fiber fix without an unreachable goal or UFO I must feel guilty as it lays undone waiting. Spinning is the purist fiber fix I know, the soothing rythym, the tactile feel of the fibers, the colors as they slide through your fingers, changing from one to another. It's like meditation, quiet, calming, peaceful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet Perkins said...

Wow... love the shuttle bag!!! where did you get the pattern?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Janet Perkins said...

Wow... love the shuttle bag!!! where did you get the pattern?

11:53 AM  
Blogger donnadb said...

I have long wanted to tat some bags, but have never tried ... I have Georgia Seitz' bag book. Perhaps what's holding me back is that I'm not a sewer, and I really don't know how I'd do a lining. But I love this -- looks easy and relatively fast! Is it done in two parts, front and back, or a round?

12:42 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

thanks!
The bag is a pattern from the TAT proficiency program phase 2, designed by Judi Banashek.
www.tattersacrosstime.org/
Yes it is tatted in mignonette stitch in rounds.
Gail

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home