Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Socks

Hand knit socks, I can remember just a year ago saying to myself and aloud, "Why would anyone take or waste the time to knit socks?" Next thing I knew, there I sat in a class to learn to knit socks, it was more of a I want to know why knitters do it and how to do it, than the wanting to have or make the socks.
WARNING
Sock knitting is addicting, and the sock yarn is just as bad. I'll never be able to walk through a yarn department again without fondling the stash and dreaming of socks in beautiful colors sliding off my needles. It is a craft much like the tatting, easily portable, the process itself soothing, and yet the variations of patterns keep the brain involved, interested, while others have no clue as to the hows or whys.
This pair went to my Mom for her 70th birthday. The yarn is trekking, a four ply that each ply varies through shades of blues, creating a constantly altering pattern that cannot be matched one sock to the other, fraternal instead of identical.

2 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

Wowie, Gail! Those are some blue socks! Bet Mamma was thrilled to get those! Beautiful blog, too!

Big hug and a wave from down South!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Arlene said...

I primarily tat but my daughter re-introduced me to knitting and I am addicted to socks!! I have back burner'd them for now but I RAELLY like making socks!!

Great work on your site

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home