Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Magic


Yea, I have finished one of my Christmas projects. It's so much fun to knit with over sized needles and see quick results, then the magic happens, toss in the washer with jeans and three cycles later, taaadaaa. The before and after really shows off the size change, the strap seems to have shrunk to just the right length, whewww, it's always a quesstimate.
Felting a knit project is like openning a gift, you never are sure how it's going to look, how will the fancy threads felt into the wool, which color will suddenly pop, or which just disappears. This one was a nice surprise, but it might need a fuzz hair cut if the new owner is too conservative for the fuzz do, hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home