Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Friday, October 20, 2006

Motif 7


See I have not forgotten how to tat, even though my blog looks to be more of a knitting site lately. This is from Mark's newest book and I have wanted to try this motif since I first saw it, it has been a long wait for me to get to check this book out of the guild library, and I'm the librarian. I think it looks pretty good for having about 15 threads to hide and NO Mark did not write it that way, that was my problem. I started tatting with the yellow and it was all in pieces, but I kept tatting until I ran out. So then I hunted for something that looked ok with the yellow and low and behold it also was in small pieces. Yep, I continued tatting anywho. I'm wishing I had not made the picots to the outside of the yellow rings so small as the gold half rings overlap, my boggle again. Not sure why the rings only motifs fascinate me, something in the simplicity of the rings only process that still allows for infinite complex variations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home