Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Friday, May 11, 2007

Final Round

Woo Hoo, I figured out the problem that had this doily in danger of becoming an UFO. The snowflake book has a block tatted flake the looks similar to the center of this, and it starts with one chain of a block, goes to the center ring, and then back out to finish the block, yippee. This eliminates the need to cut after only one ring, or my solution of leaving one block with only four chains. I can't take credit for this genius, thanks Lene Bjorn, it's a simple and brilliant fix. Five done, fifteen to go, I think the last round is what makes this doily pop.

3 Comments:

Blogger battatter said...

Wow, that doily is awesome.. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

5:56 PM  
Blogger GardeniaPatti said...

This looks fabulous! You're right about the last round making it pop. I can't wait to see the final product either.

4:12 PM  
Blogger linb54 said...

I'ts a beautiful doily! What thread did you use, I really like the colors.
Lin :O)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home