Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Motif 14

Look I'm actually tatting this week. The fingers are slightly swelling and I'm not too sore, but I should rest it a day or so before I continue farther with this doily. It's on the cover of Tatting from Burda book. Yep I've already cheated on the pattern, so far I've done no cuts and ties. The lengths I go to, it's silly, it really isn't that hard to hide an end, but yet, I just want to go as far as I can and not cut. The first row of blocks has one with only four chains, since I climbed out of the center. A split ring got me to the second round, which I combined the next row of blocks into, then climbed out of the next two rounds with split chains. I am ready for the next round but it will have to be cut after that, sigh. It's a challenge, or a mind game, like tatting sudoku.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

How sweet this is - and when I looked at it my first thought was, it does glow! Love it!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home