Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Felted Purse


This purse was an asked for Christmas gift for my youngest daughter. Being an art fine arts major she had to help choose the colors and pattern style, four wool greens lt, med, mixed, and mixed darks, and add six fancy yarns, ribbon, fuzzy, or slubbed decorator yarns, almost all from existing stash and knit in many combinations of a wool and a fancy together. Lots of ends, but with felting projects, just pull all ends into the center and forget them, after felting they get cut short, simple no hassle. Using large needles this knit fabric grew so fast it was amazing, and at it's unfelted beginnings it was so large it was just plain funny. I gave this a heavy shrink so it is a nice sturdy purse, hope she decides to use it, as it would have made a pretty sweater unfelted, just loved the colors, mmm greens, bits of brown and hints of turquoise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home