Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Goddess Attempt


My first attempt at the goddess isn't quite right, now she isn't a total scrap but she needs revisions. I did draw and write my stitch count as I tatted this, so now I can go back and change lengths of chains as needed. See how the arms look almost scalloped, the chains need to be a pinch shorter to the outside row, especially in the armpits. I think I want the arms a bit longer too, thinking maybe one up and the other down, will give it a shot both ways. The bottom is a scarf leaf, "bit on the hippy side there, sweetie", but goddesses had volumptious figures. I'd love to do the upper body with two circles, a feminine touch, hehehe. The poor girl will have to stay this way for the next week as I am finishing a knitting pattern this weekend or ELSE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet Perkins said...

really you are very clever!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Thanks Mark, Yea I do sort of understand, I was going to look up the join I had used on a Catherine Wheel, I think it's like you said, using the ball or second thread, it gives a nice smooth uninterrupted look.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home