Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pictures


Ok I promised Pictures, so here is the Christmas ball I tatted for Maureen. The pattern was an ad lib from a Mary Konior design out of her Lace whatever book. Duh, dang it, give me 6 weeks and I've almost forgotten how to do this ball and can't even remember the name of the book, it's on the shelf somewhere. Clearly the shelf is more organized than my brain lately and I can't find the book to correct the name. Ok there is a small motif that is done in mignonette, the bottom of the ball is that pattern, but don't increase the mignonette rows, do about nine rows or whatever needed to reach around the ball, finish ends off. The top is a version of the bottom but starts on a later row to make it open for the hanger to peak through. Connect picots on second row of top to the bottom, be sure to slide ball in before it gets to tight, and fumble your way through the rest of the round connecting top to bottom while tatting and holding the glass ball in your hand. No cussing allowed, do it over carpet because it is going to get dropped, also a spiked drink helps with concentration and patience, hehe. This is motif #10.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arlene said...

Way to GO!! Beautiful work thanks for sharing

Arlene

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home