Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Poinsettias

Ahhhhh, doesn't it bring a smile to your face, a green house full of poinsettias, but especially for me, as my daughter Sarah has grown these beauties. Some of you have met Sarah at Palmettos in 2005, she also tats, yep, another proud mommy smile. She is the assistant grower at this greenhouse and is growing poinsettias for the big poinsettia tree at Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus.
Now I know many of you are like me, hand me a poinsettia and it's a death sentence. I could kill one of these in a week flat. Maybe that's why we appreciate them so much, all that beauty lasts such a short time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yorkie Sue's Tatting said...

I am not a chicken snorter
I am a chicken snorter's daughter
And I grow Poinsettias
that me mother tends to slaughter

Better duck from flying, dead pot plants LOLOL

Bo & Sue Hanson, from a cold, wet and soggy autumnal London

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home