Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Motif 12



This is a heart that Gina recently posted on her Tatting Goddess blog. It was designed by Dorcas Newkirk, all rings are split rings but the point of the heart. Very neat design! Thanks Dorcas for sharing the pattern, and thanks Gina for showing it to us. Mine is tatted in thread that is probably a wildflowers by Caron, about a size 20, a soft thread that needs to be tatted loosely to close the rings easily. The beautiful colors make it worth the effort. Yep the picots on the right side are bigger than the left, took me awhile to get even tension going. Must be too much knitting lately and not enough tatting. Need to fix that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

You know, I think this pattern brings out the color in variegated threads. and I didn't even notice the picots til you pointed it out. Bad! Don't tell on yourself!
:-) Gina

4:15 PM  
Blogger Tattycat said...

Very pretty. And, like Gina, I didn't notice the picot size until you pointed it out. I'm bad to tell on myself too!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home