Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Thursday, February 15, 2007

wool mitts


My poor hand spun hand knitted mitts have been badly abused this week in the Ohio snow, shoveling, they are all dirty now. They are spun from a fleece artist 50 gms of wool silk blend, Sooo Sooooft and yummmy! I worried and worried that there would not be enough yarn for two mitts and look I had enough for a headband also. I need to keep better track of how many yards in the hand spun yarn and LABEL it before I put the ball away. The pattern should also be marked how much yarn needed, use smaller needles next time or a few fewer stitches. They sure are nice and warm though, ahhhhhh.
Side note, this cable was a nice easy fun pattern, one row of cable, three rows straight . Why can I never figure out if I've knit two or three rows?, duh 1, 2, 3, cable. I can count to three really, I just can't remember if I'm at row 2 or 3.
I feel so silly. I don't do this with tatting, 1 &, 2 &, 3 & uuhhh 2&, 3 no 4 &.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home