Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Shuttles

I love to look at everyone's shuttles, so I decided to share a picture of some of my toys. These are my nicer old shuttles, collected over many years. Some I have had for 15 + years, others were gifts, and some were ebay purchases. Ebay can be a dangerous thing, haha. The larger bone crochet hooks came from my grandmother's sewing box, it screws together in the middle, not sure why. The small hook has a chain with a picot gauge, from Rosita. You ebayers know Rosita, it's fun and I love it, but I'm not so sure it's authentic antique. One of the shell shuttles has a small metal pick at the end for joins, it can be turned back into the shuttle, it's quite different. The four silver shuttles are all Websters, nice to tat with, mmmm. Above the silver shuttles are two made of wood, they are carved from one piece, so the ends are open, and the top one has an ebony inset. Only one is plastic, celluloid, or whatever, it's in the center and looks to be leaves. This came from an antique store and I carried it in purse or pocket for years not knowing I should be taking better care of it, well loved and well used. Ooops my picture is fuzzy when enlarged, I should take a better one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

A very lovely collection. Thanks for sharing!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home