Glow Tats

This is a journal of my tatting and other needlework adventures. Oh the picture isn't me, it is my fairy me, the me that can fly off in to the woods, forget all my troubles and tat pretty lace all day

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Motif 16


Yes, I know I'm should be finishing this same doily I started earlier in a variegated yellow orange, but I was helping a friend get started on one for her and my sample just took on a life of it's own. The new shuttle was a what I gave myself as a consolation for not being able to go to Lafayette Lace Day. It's one of Sherry's ceramic shuttles, love the colors, had to file it with the sandpaper she sent to get it to take the size 40 thread. I didn't expect the ends to be that nice and tight, well as you can see, haha, it seems to tat very nicely. The next row is the hairy row, all the threads poking out to mark the following row's joins, I sort of like it at this stage and might just see where the design leads from here.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

OOOhh the doily is so very pretty! I can't wait to see it finished! Thanks for showing my shuttle it's great to see them in action.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home